Friday 30 June 2017

Macrossan Street

After a breakfast of cereal and soy milk at the hostel I had the morning free so I walked into town to explore it. This is the main street, Macrossan, and the takeaway restaurant of the night before.


Looking down the main street towards the harbour. Travelling North was really filmed in PD 30 years ago.



Another section of the main street with fine dining restaurants.

In the news the southern states of VIC, NSW and SA were suffering a severe cold snap with temperatures plunging below zero inland. I counted myself lucky to be in short jeans weather, even if it rained a little.


The café with the blackboard advice. I wanted to but never got to eat or drink here, it was very popular.


But I did get to have a coffee and banana bread in the Whileaway bookshop cafe.

Soon it was time to return to the hostel for the pickup. I could have walked to the marina but I needed to pack tour necessities and it was better not to upset previous arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment